Follow me on FACEBOOK

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I am a Fan of

I am a fan of Ma. Katrina Saporsantos.
She left the country just a few days ago and I still feel that I can call her and hang out with her bu she's miles away now.
She was one of the few friends I came OUT to. It was in our duckpin bowling class. We were in the same lane trying to knock stupid bowling pins with a ball the size of a coconut(without the husk). I told her that I was dating a guy and that I was happy to be with him. She asked me why I was telling that to her, I said that she was a dear friend and I would want her to be one of the first persons to know that I am gay. She hugged me after that. I was so happy to have told her. It wasn't the same reaction as my mom's.
I saw her becoming this Opera Star and now she's fulfilling that in New York. I watched all of her recitals and in her graduation recital I helped out by doing some needed props and to my surprise while attending rehearsals, Sir Floy Quintos asked me to be this "shadow" character (extra.. hehehe). I came out as this masked villain luring kids to this candy store.

I miss her company badly she's one of the few friends that I can talk with about my struggles in this community. Hopefully she won't take time in New York...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Before Rina left for NY we pigged-out in Napoli, Fairview

1 comment:

rina said...

hay. allen. i miss you so much! :c

thank you for those kind words (although i'm not really an opera star--hahaha!) . i am deeply honored to have you in my life and to call you my friend--one of my closest friends, actually. can't wait for you to shine and for the world to discover what a marvelous gift YOU ARE.

i love you. ingat ka palagi. :)