Follow me on FACEBOOK

Monday, January 31, 2005

Making people's life Miserable Day After day (MMDA)


For a moment I thought I was going to jail when this guy in an aqua blue uniform approached me. I've always crossed to the island after going down a jeepney. It's a very human and practical reaction after a tiring day in school or for some at work -- not go back but straight to your destination, the other side of the road. It was just 2 meters away from the pedestrian lane. Alas! It was our day to get caught. I annoyingly walked towards the middle of edsa hi-way where the van of MMDA was. There was a flock of people circling around a MMDA officer. Like me they were in a rush and most of them are very much annoyed with what happened. True it was our fault to not have walked back and walked a few meters to the white lines that they so-called a pedestrian lane. "It's the jeepney's fault, if not for their improper unloading we wouldn't have crossed without going to the pedestrian crossing," an irritated lady said. The lady officer told her that it's was our fault to not have walked to the pedestrian lane. Whose fault was it? My stand remains unchanged. If not for the improper unloading because of the "U-turn scheme" the MMDA imposed the pedestrians won't be jay walking. A simple solution may be to strictly impose the unloading zones or to remove the "U-turn scheme" so the now useless traffic lights can be used again. Good thing the MMDA just issued a warning. When I got my id back I skidded off hurriedly to the MRT station.

No comments: